So, you’ve tried CBD lotion and beauty products, and now you’re ready to experience it in a new way. May I suggest adding CBD oil to a drink?
In particular, a matcha latte.
As a matcha fan, I was excited to try this combination, and I wasn’t disappointed. It unites the health benefits offered by both matcha and CBD. I call that a win-win. Even though you may not get the typical latte art you see popping up on Instagram when you make a matcha latte at home, the bright green color still makes for a great shot—plus you can say you made it!
While you can’t taste the CBD in many types of CBD products, CBD oil is not one of those. You can expect a distinct, earthy flavor, which does come through a bit in drinks. So, you’ll get a slightly different flavor than in a standard matcha latte.
1 cup milk (I recommend whole milk, but you can use whatever type you’d like)
1 tsp matcha powder
1 to 2 tbsp of hot water (to mix with matcha)
Sweetener to taste (honey, agave, etc.)
- In a small pot over medium heat, bring your milk to a simmer.
- As the milk heats, put the matcha into a small bowl. Pour the hot water in and mix with the matcha whisk until combined. You just need enough water to dissolve the powder, so start with 1 tbsp and add more if needed.
- Once the matcha is fully mixed, add it to the milk.
- Add in a drop or two of CBD oil. Figure out how many milligrams of CBD you want beforehand. The strength of the oil varies depending on the bottle, but typically a few drops are enough.
- Add in sweetener to taste.
- Whisk over heat until bubbles form around the pot’s edges. Do NOT bring milk to full boil.
- Pour into your mug.